While lots of associations neglect to build an appropriate “about us” page that converts, pros value it highly and spare no time and effort to make it perfectly suitable to the needs of customers and hence, improve their business.
Making an “about us page” is certainly easier said than done. But keep on reading if you are about to develop your brand’s identity to another level.
What is an About Us Page?
An about us page or at times website is one of the most frequently visited parts of a website. As you can tell by the name, it’s basically there to assist your website visitors find out where they are headed to.
There are some special points that make it more than just an introduction.
Here are 3 important tips that will turn the potentials of an about us page into performance:
- Take Notice of Introduction: An about us page is a chance you are given in order to make the very own identity of your company or brand known by both new audiences and the old ones. Who wants to buy a product and/or receive a service from someone or somewhere they don’t know or even feel good about? Alongside all the formerly-shaped opinions that your audience has already in their mind, you have the opportunity to provide them with persuasive yet true information on your services.
- Meet the needs of your audience: It’s a subtle art to successfully strike the right balance between an exaggerated show-off of your business and mind the requirements of the customer. Which explains why this vital part is ignored by so many pages. On one hand, as mentioned before, the primary duty of an “about us” page or website is to introduce your company to the audience well. On the other hand, it’s important to come up with practical solutions to guarantee that the needs of the customer will be met by your assistance.
- Build an about us page that converts: Make sure to see the opportunity and provide your audience with a mutually beneficial relationship. The tone and the attitude of language used in the “about us” page depends highly on the character and persona of your company. But make sure to build up a nice, helpful, and valuable interaction between the audience and the brand. That’s where the main difference between a successful and a failed “about us” shows up: the ability to convert!
About Us Page that Converts; How to Remain Customer-orientated?
Note that although we call it “About Us”, it’s not all about you, but the audience!
“The best way to keep readers reading is to talk about them, not you,” says Ann Handley.
Human nature tends to value itself more than anybody and anything else in the world and it’s okay. When a reader is led to your “about us” page or website, they are constantly looking for the information that might come in handy due to their own requirements and expectations rather than a long story about your company.
Many find it tricky to directly talk about their product or service without boasting and it’s fair. Our suggestion to you is to invest enough research to declare the persona of your audience as well as their demands. Then find a way to see from their point of view while remaining your own style of web writing.
5 Reasons Why You Need to be Visual
Visualize your content on the “about us” page or website by using different forms of media. At the same time, make sure to use original photos and videos of your team as much as possible so as to humanize your company or brand.
- Due to research, human beings are originally raised to be visual creatures. Hence, they process visual data much better.
- The brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than it takes to decode text.
- Visual content has the power to generate emotions in the audience such as affection and empathy.
- The engagement from targeted audiences tends to increase by 37% in terms of concluding more effective visual elements.
- Almost all your competitors in content marketing add visual elements, why don’t you?
Don’t promise, prove!
Instead of rambling on what you would do to support your audiences, provide them with raw figures. No one will argue with facts and genuine data.
- Name your awards.
- Use real Statistics.
- Include details (such as numbers and dates).
- Get help from Customer Testimonials.
Having mentioned the main points, let’s check out 7 websites that have done About Us page that converts:
- Lonely Planet
In conclusion, keep in mind to put our advice into action and always use this tip as a key to building strong content including the “about us” page:
“In an online world, our online words are our emissaries; they tell the world who we are,”
― Ann Handley, Everybody Writes