In this article, we will completely explain WordPress for beginners such as the various options it provides us, different types of WordPress and its limitations, and the costs of using it. In order to define fundamental explanations on what is WordPress and if it’s good for beginners.
An Overview of WordPress for Beginners
On an immediate note, WordPress is a CMS (content management system). To be specific, WordPress enables everybody to develop their very own website without knowing how to write a single line of code.
To trace the origins of WordPress back to its roots the original creations were Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
Working with WordPress is absolutely easy to use. That’s why it’s highly recommended even to beginners. Not only it’s so simple to be installed on even local computers, but it also provides the user with a variety of helpful options, which are also very easy to function.
Everything You Need to Know About WordPress
Chances are, if you have reached this article, you already have had some information about WordPress and felt a need for it. Now for further information keep on reading.
With WordPress, Everyone Can Create:
Pretty much any website idea that you can come up with, is possible to do with this remarkable WordPress.
- Business websites
- E-Commerce stores
- Social networks
- Membership sites
For Whom WordPress is the Most Beneficial?
WordPress can be used by both individuals and big businesses. The fact that WordPress for beginners is so easy to use, is counted as one of its most important strong points.
Another point is that not only WordPress is free and easy to use, there are also ultimate sources for tutorials, questions, and guides for both beginners and professionals. Youtube channels, Facebook groups, and other website developers are among them.
So How much does it cost to use WordPress?
To be frank, it is absolutely possible to build a WordPress website on a low budget. There are plenty of free or low-costed sources and opportunities accessible in case of need.
You can build a quite professional website using WordPress and still keep the costs under $100.
In case of requirement for more features provided by the premium WordPress plugins, your total costs might be between $500 and $1000.
Note that “WordPress.org” and “WordPress.com” are not the same
Using WordPress.com, you will have struggled with a few limitations:
- You will not be allowed to monetize using ads on your website.
- It is true that WordPress provides its customers with a large variety of themes but using WordPress.com, there are only limited options to customize the appearance of your website.
- With WordPress.org, you can’t own your own domain and has to be something like (selected domain name + .WordPress + .com)
- WordPress offers you its service under certain circumstances and will delete your website if it violates its terms of service in any way.
On the other hand, using WordPress.orge you will be remarkable opportunities such as:
- Chance of owning your very unique domain
- Being able to apply thousands of plagues including ads that will have your back financially.
- You also have the possibility to set up an online shop that can highly benefit depending on the service or product.
- Unlike wordpress.org, you’ll have access to so many unique themes that match your style perfectly.
An introduction to WordPress Themes and Plugins
There are countless themes provided on WordPress for its customers in order to enable them to primarily change the looks and style of the website.
There are some different themes customized for a variety of highly-required purposes such as:
- Online stores offering different products
- Small or mass Businesses
- Educational organizers
- Restaurants and cafes
- Service providers of all kind
plugins are basically parts of software that offer a range of different functions to a website built by WordPress. Extending some special functions or adding new features to WordPress websites is the whole duty of a plugin.
We add these extension parts to our website so as to make it much simpler and accessible for users to meet their needs through our website.
Plugins can be useful in many areas; for instance:
- Enabling contact forms such as email or phone
- The chance of adding a social network
- An attractive gallery of photos and videos
- Store or other shopping possibilities
Lucky for us, there are now over 50,000 WordPress plugins and 5,000 WordPress themes all for free and open-source.
455 million sites
You heard me right! There are currently over 455 million sites that are built by WordPress. Making it 40.0% of all the websites on the Internet, fed using WordPress.
Websites that are Developed by WordPress:
- BBC America
- MTV News
- The New York Times
- The Walt Disney Company
- The Rolling Stones
WordPress for beginners is the perfect software as it doesn’t require any knowledge about website development or code writing. Now it’s time to try out WordPress using all the information we’ve gone through.